Why should a blood pressure monitor be used?
Display: The numbers on the display should be visible and easy to read.
Size: Choosing the correct cuff size is crucial. The cuff size you need is determined by the length of your arm. You should seek assistance from a doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. If your cuff is the wrong size, your blood pressure levels can be inaccurate.
How can I get an accurate reading of my blood pressure?
- Wait 30 minutes after eating, drinking, smoking, or exercising after consuming caffeine, alcohol, or tobacco products.
- Before you start taking your blood pressure medication, keep an eye on your blood pressure.
- Go to the bathroom and relieve yourself.
While monitoring your Blood Pressure Keep the following things in mind:
- Start the BP monitor according to the instructions on the machine.
- Make sure the band is properly wrapped around the forearm.
- Lift your arm to the level of your heart and rest it there. Place it on a table or the arm of a chair.
- Allow your palms to be loose.
- Sit up straight and take a deep breath.
- Do not place one leg on top of the other.
- Maintain a flat foot on the ground.
Monitoring Your BP:
- Do not talk while monitoring your blood pressure.
- Start the machine by pressing the Start button.
- The monitor will show your systolic and diastolic blood pressure readings.
- Make a note of your readings according to the date.
- After 1 minute, repeat the reading.
- Check your blood pressure twice before dinner.
- Before you go to the hospital, keep track of your blood pressure for a week.
- Show your doctor the results of your home test.
Dr. Rahul Patil – The best cardiologist in Pune, India is completely aware of the facts that high blood pressure has serious effects on the heart, so it is extremely important for a cardiac patient to maintain his blood pressure and monitor it on a regular basis. The above information will help the patient to check his blood pressure at the convenience of his home and that too accurately. .