Introducing Dr.Rahul Patil
Dr. Rahul Raosaheb Patil is an accomplished Interventional Cardiologist in Pune, practicing since 2006. He is Director, Interventional Cardiology, at Hridayam Heart Clinic in Pune, and has also served as a Consultant Cardiologist at Ruby Hall Clinic since 2006. In addition, Dr. Patil teaches at BJ Medical College & Sassoon General Hospital, in the capacity of Assistant Professor.
As an Interventional Cardiologist, Dr. Rahul Patil’s main clinical focus areas are Complex Coronary Angiography, Chronic Total Occlusions, Percutaneous Aortic Valve Replacement, Cardiovascular Disease, Mitral Valvuloplasty and Coronary Artery Disease.
Dr. Patil received the MBBS and MD (Medicine) degrees in 1999 and 2002, through NM University and Pune University (both in Maharashtra), respectively. From 2003, he studied and trained at Medwin Hospital in Hyderabad, for the Diplomate of National Board (DNB) Cardiology examination, which he cleared in 2006. In 2008 he underwent advanced training in Interventional Cardiology at Tokyo in Japan, and also completed a Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology in the Netherlands in 2009.
He has been honored with several awards during his medical career, both locally as well as internationally at Cardiology conferences where he has presented cases and papers and served as an Invited Faculty. He regularly attends workshops, symposia, conferences and other events in his areas of specialization, to update his own knowledge as well as to share his experiences and expertise with his peers and medical students.
He also served as the Medical & Emergency Health Services at the 82nd Plenary Session of the All India Congress Committee held at Hyderabad in 2006. He regularly conducts Healthy Heart Camps for the community, providing free heart checkup and treatment. He also regularly conducts Continuing Medical Education (CME) programmes for General Practitioners and Family Physicians.
Heart Clinic in Pune
Hridayam Heart Care Clinic in Pune has made a fairly excellent name in the city. According to many, the doctor ranks as one of the ‘go-to’ general physicians in the area. The stronghold this doctor has in the cardiology has not only formed in patients from in and around the region but from over the city as well. The clinic is located at B. S. Dhole Patil Road and is right opposite to Ruby Hall. Transportation is easily available and the place is well connected.
Over the years Hridayam Heart clinic in Pune has attempted countless patients great treatment for various health concerns. Dr. Rahul Patil handles a number of studies under this segment. Some of the departments that come under are Radial route angiography, radial route angioplasty, primary angioplasty, balloon mitral valvuloplasty, peripheral angioplasty, ASDPDA device closure
- MBBS: 1993 –99, JMF, ACPM Medical College, NM University, Maharashtra, India.
- MD Medicine: 2000 – 2002, PMC, RH, Pravara Nagar, Pune University, Maharashtra, India.
- DNB Cardiology: 2003 – 2006 Medwin Hospital, Hyderabad, Indian National Board, Delhi, India.
- Advanced Training in Interventional Cardiology, 2008 Tokyo, Japan
- Fellowship Interventional Cardiology, 2009, The Netherlands.
- Fellowship European Cardiology Society (FESC), 2014
- Fellowship American College of Cardiology ( FACC) 2014
- Invited Faculty for Case Presentations at Endovascular Cardiac Complication (ECC) Lausanne, Switzerland 2013.
- PDA Occluder Embolised to Abdominal Aorta after Successful Deployment: Nightmare in Cath Lab.
- Management of Embolised Undeployed Stent in Left Main – Circumflex.
- Invited Faculty for Case Presentation: Tips & Tricks to perform BMV in Severe Mitral Stenosis with LA Appendage Thrombus. Singapore Live, 2010.
- Invited Faculty for Case Presentation: Simultaneous Kissing Stent – New Technique in Renal Angioplasty. TCT Washington, 2008.
- Case Presentation: Anchor Technique in Chronic Total Occlusion of Anomalous RCA. Advanced Course in Interventional Cardiology. Tokyo, 2008.
- Biphasic Insulin Aspart 30 treatment in patients with Type 2 Diabetes poorly controlled on prior Diabetes treatment. (The PRESENT Study). March 2008
Acute Myocardial Infarction Following Blunt Chest Trauma with Intracranial Bleed: A Rare Case Report. Rahul R Patil, Dilip Mane, Pankaj Jariwala. Indian Heart Journal. 62 (2013) pp 311-314.